This weather is pure trickery, hot one day and snowing the next. Planning on grilling I had uncovered the grill to soon learn it was snowing and my grill become another place for snow to pile on. This became a blessing in disguise, for I was on a mission for BBQ chicken and a lack of a grill was not going to stop me. I'm also moving back to Chicago in a month and I am 100% sure I am not going to have a BBQ free summer. There was no walking away from this, an amazing BBQ chicken recipe was going to happen! The issue I usual come across when baking boneless skinless chicken is it ends up being dry, though when I put foil over it, you don't get that crispy outer layer like you do when you grill. To get crispiness on both sides I went with the same idea as the Sesame Crusted Chicken Wings and baked it on a wire rack. With the tendency to be dry, I basted the chicken every 5 minutes. Now that being said, I'm sure if you lag a bit and do it every 10 minutes it will be fine but if you want a really juicy piece of chicken I highly recommend sticking to the original recipe. Let me know how it turns out!
Sriracha BBQ Chicken Sandwich
Author: Rolling Pin Punches
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trade Joes Sriracha and Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce
- Udi's Bread
- Rinse and pat chicken dry, trim fat and place in large ziplock bag. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and pour over chicken. Seal bag and give a good couple shakes, making sure marinade has covered chicken. Place in refrigerator for at least 5 hours up to 24 hours.
- Turn oven to 350 degrees and position rack in center of oven.
- Set a wire rack on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with foil.
- Take out chicken and place on wire rack letting it sit at room temperature for 10 min. During this time pour about ½ cup of BBQ sauce in a small bowl with a basting/pastry brush. (If you end up need more BBQ sauce for basting, just pour as needed in this small bowl.)
- Brush one side of chicken with BBQ and place in oven for 15 min. Take out of oven, flip with tongs and baste other side. Place back in oven for 5 min. Repeat until chicken reaches 165 degrees, about 30 min longer. Total time in oven about 45 min.
- Take out of the oven and move chicken to a plate to rest for 5 min.
- Slice and place between bread, topping with lettuce and any other goodies you wish.
BBQ Sauce- Trader Joes
Gluten Free Bread- Udi’s Omega Flax & Fiber